Monday, April 14, 2008

The Season Has Begun!

It is such an honor to belong to the Lost Arts Guild! It was great to see what Larry wrote about Sheep Shearing Day; I hope I can make it next year! Sandra must be exhausted after all her hard work on the day at the farm. I hope the day was a great success!


I'm looking forward to seeing what the other artisans in the guild write here; they are such talented people! I'm a gourd artist and have been selling my work at festivals, shows and other venues for five years. I joined Lost Arts Guild last year and have really been pleased with the rewards!




In late summer of 2007 I opened my shop, Mountain Meadow Farm and Craft Market. Our theme is "Uniting Southwestern Virginia's Artisans and Craftsmen With Local Heritage Farmers to Preserve the Traditions of Days Gone By". Some wonderful artisans are represented here using different mediums to showcase their many talents.

This coming week, on Thursday, I'll be at the Lambsburg Welcome Center on Route 77 with some other Patrick County business people. Among the many folks going along is fellow Lost Arts Guild member Leslie Shelor of Greenberry House. I'll be demonstrating my gourd art and talking about the shop and our corn maze. Our goal is to promote the beautiful mountains of Southwest Virginia and Patrick County. Virginia Tourism Corporation offers any Virginia business the opportunity to promote their business or interests free at any of the ten Virginia Welcome Centers.

No comments: